Thursday, July 10

Garden Harvest

First garden kaleYesterday Bailee picked our first red cherry tomato from the garden. It never occurred to me to look for tomatoes that are ready, it seems a bit early for that.  When she picked it she mentioned that there were many more that were close to red and almost ready.
I thought I should pay a bit more attention to my garden! I checked all the plants and discovered that there were two peppers that were so large on a single plant that the weight of the peppers was pulling the plant over.  So I picked the larger one, leaving the other one to grow some more.

I also picked some kale and dill that was ready for harvest.  I washed the kale off, making it look a little limp in the photo but I'm sure it will perk back up when it's dry.

I am so excited to start picking vegetables!

0 comments:

 
;